Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My first finals...

My first finals was exactly the way I'd expected it to be - difficult, surprising, challenging, tiring yet satisfactory - but my action towards it was not the way I'd wanted... It is sad that I miserably failed in not performing as per my own expectations...

If you are thinking what I am talking about... it is about my BITS Pilani MS first semester final examinations... The questions were as tough as I'd expected it to be... but I wasn't prepared well enough to answer all the questions properly. I did realize that a week's time for the finals is no way enough... even though the exam format is "open book" wherein you are allowed to take your books/notes/research materials/print outs etc. etc. you may still not find answers to quite a few questions... The case was exactly the same with me.... The first paper was of Network Programming... I did fairly well in this paper... but the immediate second paper was Software Engineering and Management.... man, was that a question paper? I  struggled finding answers to the questions in all the books I had for almost 1 hour... yet I couldn't answer all the questions... and those which I have answered aren't good enough to fetch me the marks I need to pass, the way I wanted to. :( The next two papers - OOAD and Internetworking Technologies - weren't good either...

The next semester I have much difficult papers... Multimedia Computing, Network Security, Data Mining and Advanced Operating Systems... all of them are difficult... exhaustive... and I want to prepare for the exams right from the start.

If there is a suggestion you want to make about the way I need to study for these MS exams... do inform me... I am not sure.. if smart work will work here.... the age old technique - hard work, I guess is the only solution.... Prove me wrong if you don't think so.... :p

No comments: