Monday, July 19, 2010

The longest wait... is at last over and out....

He he.. ha ha... the longest wait of my life is at last over... All the employees in my company got the hike letters last week.... almost all of them have got a decent hike... though many aren't satisfied... b'coz, the hike percentage we have received is not equal to the almost two years of waiting we all had done!

How about me? Am I satisfied? You can bet... I am satisfied... about the hike and also kinda satisfied because the hike letter is in my email box at last... and now I have to take my decision whether to quit or not... I have told quite a lot of them that within a few more months I'd be gone out of my current company.... I'd like to wait until end of August so that I can finish my 1st semester MS exams... Damn I have lots to do in these remaining few weeks before my exams... But yeah I am satisfied... I may not accept it in front of others.. but somewhere I have that satisfaction... of earning on par with the others in the same industry...

Many have asked me why I took MS alternate to any other degree programs like MBA...I'd tried at MBA exams sometime back... and had failed miserably... I am not MBA type... I am more of a techy guy interested

to get into the details of how something works rather than always working with some technology developed by somebody which I don't understand completely but suggest others to use the same just because it has some fancy name... This MS degree has been a dream for me for a long time... had applied for the same around 4 years back.. but wasn't selected back then... and the next consecutive 4 years had gone in deciding whether to take up MS or not.... and during my recent trip.. I just decided that I have to go for this degree program... not just because I can put my name as Mr. VersatileV2 (BE, MS), like most of the middle class Indians would put their names, on the name board, but also it would give me a satisfaction... and also it is the first step to continue my career in teaching and R&D field... would really want to pursue PhD later on... so isn't MS really necessary for the same???

Anyway... the MS is a 2 year degree program and it would surely take same amount of time for me to complete the course if not lesser!!! Since change is the only thing that is constant I have to look out for the changes that may happen in life to lead in the right way... so will surely wait for all the exiting things that are laid out for me....

No comments: